Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful For Little Things

Breath Three:

I truly am blessed and thankful for the gifts God has given me.  I have a fabulous family, fantastic friends, a comfortable home, and food to eat. However, I’m also thankful for little things, like laughter, so here’s to a good laugh, or at least a small smirk.
Little things I am thankful for in no particular order:
1.) Candles- With the lights out, glowing candlelight almost makes the house look clean.
2.) Coffee- A simple necessity for me to function.
3.) Chocolate- Enough said.
4.) Gum- Refer to previous post.
5.) Wireless internet- We had dial-up until they discontinued WisDial in 2011. We were very high-tech.
6.) When children fall asleep in the van on the way home. Ahhh, who doesn’t love that peace and quiet?
7.) Toilet paper in the bathroom- Children don’t always replace it.
8.) Music- It can change the atmosphere from whiny to cheery. Also, if it’s up loud enough chatter can be tuned out.  You know you do this sometimes!
9.) Morning cartoons- They allow us a few vital minutes of sleep in the morning.
10.) Laundry chutes- Ours conceals mountains of dirty clothes at all times.
11.) Nights when we have no visitors in our bed. The bliss of uninterupted sleep!
13.) Time alone- A rarity in our home.
14.) A basement- Sometimes space is a beautiful thing in a marriage.
15.) Make-up- Tricks people into thinking I’m more awake and together than I really am, maybe.
16.) Curly hair-No one notices if you don’t have time to brush all the way through it. 
17.) Facebook-Where my acquaintances are now my “friends” and I can pretend I’m popular.
18.) Showering without a conflict or an interruption. I think we need a lock on the door!
19.) A fenced in backyard- “Go play outside for a little while, Mommy needs to make dinner.”  Yes, I do shoo them outside. 
20.) Target- The one stop shopping event, where I can get an emergency coffee too.

Remember it’s the little things!  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment